- The boys had their first cub scout camp out.
- The camp out was at a cool historical park I had never even been to!
- Had an overnight visit from mother-in-law (and dog) = nice dinner out and relaxing Saturday morning
Reasons I Hated This Weekend
- Cole had an allergic reaction at the cub scout camp out making his night short and sending him in a whirlwind of medications and discomfort until rest finally came over 5 hours later.
- Really don't know with certainty the origin of the reaction.
- Cole missed his guy-time overnight.
- Paige and I missed our girl night (planned for after we left the camp out)
- Rich painfully had to wait for my updates while staying back for Will's sake.
But Reasons I Loved This Weekend
- The wonderful sleepless night I had next to Cole, just watching his chest heave with normal, rhythmic breaths.
- Seeing Paige shift into selfless helpful mode when it mattered.
- Seeing the concern and support of the whole Scout family.
- The giddy 6-year old that woke up next to me and then got to have a camp out re-do with Dad that night.
- Productivity: oil changed, lawn mowed, master closet overhaul
- Family time. Be it with just the 5 of us or extended - it's just what matters.
|Shhh...the boy behind Cole is totally disappointed Paige isn't spending the night. :)|
|Pack 633 Camp|
|Camping dog. Never left.|